Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Loss

"It's hard to lose somebody. I spent a lot of time searching for reasons or answers. But you can't find what's not there, it just happened."

I read this quote today and it really spoke to me. As I posted about in my last blog, recently I lost someone who I was very close with and whom I love very much. I have been having a very hard time dealing with it and coping in the right way. Every one around me noticed that I shut down and put up this emotional wall, which forced me to push my friends and family members away. I was also trying to find answers and reasons, on why I had to lose someone who had been so influential on my life and had meant so much to me. When I read this quote, I realized that if I continued to search for a reason why this happened, I would be putting my life on hold and searching forever, because there are no answers. Pain like this is never going to make sense and no reason that I could ever find would ever be good enough for me to justify the hurt I feel right now. So, I had to make the decision to push back at the pain and not let it hold me back. I had to choose to stop wasting my time to search for something that is long gone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I recently loss my grandfather this summer so I know what you are going through. You can never question the reason why you loss your love one or you will forever be emotionally depressed. I had a sense of peace because I know my grandfather lived a full, happy life and he was a great man and I can only strive to be as good as he was. It may seem cliche to say think of the good times but it really works, sometimes me and my family reminisce about my grandfather and we can laugh all day, he had a way of keeping us laughing. Keep living your life and think of how your love one would want you to react!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loss my grandma back in '07 and it was so hard for me to get over that. I played the following football season just to honor her and to feel like my grandma was watching me. I still think about her everyday that i live and i still miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete